Effective date: August 12, 2019
Indian Summer Arts Society (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the https://indiansummerfest.ca/ website (the “Service”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
By using our Service, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Indian Summer Arts Society is a registered charity. This means that we are required by the Canada Customs and Revenue Agency to collect personal information from donors and people who want to become members.
We are committed to being accountable for our treatment of personal information and for the principles outlined in this policy, which was developed in compliance with British Columbia’s Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA). PIPA sets out rules for how organizations like ours can collect, use, and disclose your personal information.
Information Collection And Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Cookies and Usage Data
- history of membership; and
- Donation history including payment information, if any.
We may also collect information on how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Indian Summer Arts Society uses social media as Indian Summer Festival to broadcast messages and updates about events and news. Occasionally, we may share a social media post you have made about one of our events to engage with our audience more closely, assuming the post is available to the public.
You may see adverts from us on social media or on other websites that are tailored to your interests. In some cases, these adverts will be targeted towards you based on your previous interactions with us.
Event Photography and Videography
When you participate in or attend an Indian Summer Arts Society event, you enter an area where photography, video and audio recording may occur. Videos and photos may be used for promotional purposes by Indian Summer Festival and its representatives. Please notify the photographer or videographer if you do not wish to be photographed.
Otherwise, by attending an Indian Summer Arts Society event, you consent to interview(s), photography, audio recording, video recording and its/their release, publication, exhibition, or reproduction to be used for news, webcasts, promotional purposes, telecasts, advertising, inclusion on web sites, or for any other purpose(s) that Indian Summer Arts Society, its vendors, partners, affiliates and/or representatives deems fit to use.
By entering the event premises, you waive all rights you may have to any claims for payment or royalties in connection with any exhibition, streaming, webcasting, televising, or other publication of these materials, regardless of the purpose or sponsoring of such exhibiting, broadcasting, webcasting, or other publication irrespective of whether a fee for admission or sponsorship is charged. You also waive any right to inspect or approve any photo, video, or audio recording taken by Indian Summer Arts Society or the person or entity designated to do so by Indian Summer Arts Society.
Purpose of Use
We collect your personal information to contact you for a variety of purposes that may include, but are not limited to:
- To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To send newsletters and other informational mailings by mail or e-mail;
- To send legally required notices and documents such as tax receipts and notices of annual general and special meetings;
- To advise you of upcoming events, volunteer and employment opportunities, and programs; and
- To solicit donations or to manage payment information.
Transfer Of Data
Collecting personal information from or on behalf of another organization
PIPA allows Indian Summer Arts Society to collect personal information from or on behalf of another organization without consent in order to carry out work for that organization if the individual has already consented to the collection and provided that the collection is consistent with the purpose for which the personal information was originally collected.
We obtain consent to collect, use, or disclose your personal information, except where we are legally authorized or required by law to do so without consent.
Consent may be given orally, in writing, or electronically, and may be expressed or implied, depending on the nature and sensitivity of the personal information.
We consider you to have given implied consent to our collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information (as outlined above) when you:
- become a member of Indian Summer Arts Society;
- subscribe to our newsletter via online submission, e-mail, or a sign-up sheet at an event;
- apply to volunteer or as an employee of Indian Summer Arts Society;
- donate to Indian Summer Arts Society by telephone, mail, e-mail, online, or a sign-up sheet at an event;
- Buy tickets to one of Indian Summer Arts Society’s event by third parties companies;
- participate in lotteries, raffles, or other fundraising efforts by Indian Summer Arts Society; or
- voluntarily provide us with information in a context when our purpose for collecting, using or disclosing the information would be obvious.
Where consent is not implied, we will inform you of our purpose for collecting personal information and give you an opportunity to refuse to give us your personal information, or a chance to withdraw your consent later.
In addition, you may withdraw your consent to our collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information by giving us reasonable notice, except where doing so would frustrate the performance of a legal obligation. If you tell us that you are withdrawing your consent, PIPA requires us to inform you of the likely consequences of that withdrawal (for example, we may be unable to provide you with services that require your personal information).
Legal use of information without consent
PIPA allows the following further uses without consent:
- When a credit reporting agency is permitted under PIPA to collect personal information without consent and uses that personal information only to create a credit report and for no other purpose.
- If we need the information to respond to an emergency that threatens the life, health or security of an individual or the public.
Disclosure Of Data
Indian Summer Arts Society may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Indian Summer Arts Society
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with our Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of our Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Indian Summer Arts Society may refuse access to your personal information in a number of situations:
- When the personal information is protected by solicitor-client privilege
- When disclosure of the personal information would reveal confidential commercial information that could, in a reasonable person’s opinion, harm the competitive position of the organization
- When the personal information was collected for an investigation or proceeding that has not concluded (including any appeals)
- When the information is in a document that is subject to a solicitor’s lien.
Security Of Data
The security of your data is important to us. We use reasonable physical, administrative and technical safeguards to protect personal information from unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification or disposal, or similar risks. Only authorized personnel by Indian Summer Arts Society have access to your personal information.
Retaining personal information
We must destroy documents containing personal information or make the information anonymous as soon as it is reasonable to assume the following:
- the purpose for which the personal information was collected is no longer being served by keeping the personal information, and;
- it is no longer necessary to keep the personal information for legal or business purposes.
However, if we use an individual’s personal information to make a decision that directly affects the individual, we must keep that information for at least one year after using it so the individual has a reasonable opportunity to obtain access to it.
Accuracy and completeness of personal information
We are committed to making a reasonable effort to ensure that personal information collected by or on behalf of Indian Summer Arts Society is accurate and complete. You may write to us to ask us to correct any errors or omissions in your personal information that is under our control. If you find inaccuracies or if your personal information changes, please contact us at +1 604 283 9172. You can also contact us by mail at #201 — 1880 Fir St, Vancouver BC, V6J 3B1.
If we are satisfied that your request for correction is reasonable, we will correct it as soon as we can.
Links To Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.