Are you an art enthusiast, film buff, foodie, or music lover who enjoys spirited debate and sharing ideas? Then Indian Summer Festival is the place for you!
We are now recruiting volunteers for the 2016 Indian Summer Festival season! Time commitment for volunteers is 14 hours during the festival (July 7 to 16) in addition to one mandatory training session on a weekday evening in June (date TBD).
Every July, for 10 days, Indian Summer hosts dozens of free and ticketed thought provoking events throughout Downtown Vancouver featuring music, literature, visual arts, film, cuisine, and more! Now in our sixth year, Indian Summer is rare and necessary arts festival where worlds meet. Our vision is for an inclusive, diverse and culturally-rich society.
- Volunteers contribute to ISF in a number of roles including:
- Deliveries/Pick Up
- Ushering, Greeting and Ticket Taking
- Event Set-up and Clean-up
- General Administration
- Selling Books and CDs
- Distributing Posters and Other Promotional Materials
- Volunteer Benefits
Volunteering for Indian Summer Festival 2016 provides opportunities for you to meet new people, develop leadership, communication and customer service skills, expand your professional network, receive a reference letter upon request, attend a fun-filled appreciation party, and have a positive impact in your community.
During the festival, volunteers are the face representing Indian Summer Festival, which is why volunteers must be:
- respectful and understanding to all people
- reliable, responsible and professional
- work both independently and as part of a team
- enthusiastic and positive