ARTIST SERVICES ASSISTANT
Part-time, Academic internship (for credit) or volunteer position
Working with the Artistic Director, Production Manager, volunteer crew and allocal/internation artists, you will assist with advance production planning to ensure all festival artists have a smooth and enjoyable experience, from reaching Vancouver through to their departure. Responsibilities will include coordinating accommodation, travel, letters of invitation, local transportation, communications, hospitality, rehearsals and event logistics.
- must be highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to manage your own schedule to meet tight deadlines
- Fluent in MS Office, especially spreadsheets
- strong communication and problem-solving skills required
- able to work independently and as part of a team
- drivers license and access to a car an asset
- fluent in English, some Hindi an asset
- genuinely interested in arts and culture
Interested applicants should email a resume and cover letter to our Festival Managing Director, at: laura(at)indiansummerfest(dot)ca with the internship position in the title, and explaining why you’re the perfect addition to our small team!